Steel Road Custom Furniture, Steam Benders Australia and Apparentt, seek to employ (1) Apprentice and (1) highly skilled/ experienced Furniture Maker, to join our growing, family operated business, manufacturing high-end, residential and commercial timber furniture.
We have 2 x Full-time positions available, with immediate start.
We will enrol the successful Apprenticeship candidate into a Certificate III in Cabinet Making at GoTafe Wangaratta.
They will demonstrate the following:
* Interest in timber and furniture making.
* Interest in/ or experience operating a variety of static machinery, hand and power tools.
* Ability to look after machinery and equipment and keep the workshop clean, tidy and organised.
* Maturity, punctuality and reliability.
* Positive work ethic, with the ability to work in a small team and also work unsupervised.
* Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
* Be fit, strong and capable of heavy lifting.
* Driver’s licence to assist with deliveries and onsite installations in company vehicle.
* Award rates apply. Pay is adjusted as skill level and experience increases.
The successful highly skilled/ experienced Furniture Maker candidate will demonstrate at the above as well as:
* Experience in the furniture making industry.
* Must be able to autonomously complete timber projects from a plan, to the highest standard.
* Pay is above award rate and negotiated depending on skills demonstrated, experience level and efficiency.
We run a world-class workshop, offer a positive workplace in an idyllic part of the world, with a vast variety of tasks and ever-changing projects to work on. We use various timber species, materials and employ modern and traditional woodworking techniques, including steam bending.
If you are interested in applying for this rare opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter via the contact page.
We look forward to hearing from you.